KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Michaël Larouche michael.larouche at kdemail.net
Fri Mar 31 01:14:52 BST 2006

Le March 30, 2006 13:17, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Hello again fellow developers

> - Build System
Oh yes, we need to get rid of autotools and libtool.
> - Getting rid of Qt3Support
Does Trolltech is planning to support this library through all Qt4 timeline ?
> - Phonon
Yes, multimedia is a major part into a modern desktop, people expect to play
music, videos, and be able to talk and do video conference. We can't just
neglect that. Kopete popularity increased when we supported MSN webcams
conversation.
> - Solid
Hardware integration is a must. Just a little notification that a new device
was found is bless.
1) Kévin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>
2) We just reached Milestone 3 (Basic Hardware Detection)
3) IMHO October or November to be really ready to be included in kdelibs.
4) D-BUS (for HAL backend)
> - D-Bus
Very critical for interop with others big projects. Lots of projects begin to
provide a D-BUS API.
> - XMLGUI upgrade
Sure, improvement is always needed.
> - KHTML & friends (WebKit, KDOM/KHTML2/KSVG2)
Improvement always needed =) and KSVG/KDOM is a really nice addition.
--
Michaël Larouche
KDE developer working on Kopete, Kamefu, Solid...on dial-up :P
MSN/Email: michael.larouche at kdemail.net
IRC: irc.freenode.org/DarkShock on #kopete,#solid,#kamefu,#plasma
Jabber: darkshock at myjabber.net