KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 23:56:47 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 31 Mars 2006 00:36, Richard Moore a écrit :
> Responding purely in terms of 0 - is it needed:

> > - D-Bus
>
> Not on the critical path IMO, but I think this argument is already
> lost so we should support it.

For me it is on the critical path.
There is lot of things that should depends on it.
(for what I'm concerned about: KNotify ; the ability to execute action from
khotkey daemon ;  KIMProxy/Telepathy ; .... }

Thanks Thiago for his work. I hope we can soon start porting kde to d-bus.

> > - XMLGUI upgrade
>
> Essential, this is a major issue for the development of any
> non-trivial plugin supporting app.

Yes, this is also one of the most important thing.

> > - Akonadi
>
> What's this?

From what i see after my research, it's an api for KDEPIM.
But i don't know either. A replacement of libkabc ?

Another thing, which go in the general "api stability" category:
What's going on with KListView ?  should we start porting to QTreeWidget or
similar ? or should we wait a K{List,Tree}{Widget,View} ?

--
Olivier (aka Gof)