changes how Qt4 is found in trunk/kdelibs/

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:01:20 BST 2006

On 3/30/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> To the OS X developers: could you please have a look at FindQt4.cmake ?
> Currently the checks for Qt on OS X are all done separatly, but now that
> cmake has improved support for frameworks, this could probably be done
> better.
> Tanner, can you have a look at it ?

FIND_LIBRARY appears to find release frameworks ok, but it sets the variable
to just the framework directory instead of "-F/path/to/framework
-framework {frameworkname}".  It doesn't appear to find debug versions
at all, but this is because in OS X, debug libraries are included within
the overall library framework and the compiler picks the right one at
link time so the name passed in for debug frameworks doesn't
match (i.e. QtCore_debug is passed in to find_library but the framework
is still only referred to as QtCore).

So, for the moment, I think we're better off leaving the separate library
checks as is, but that probably ought to be opened as a bug for cmake
if it hasn't already been.

Cheers,
Tanner
--