Running kde4 applications in the kde3 desktop

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 27 09:50:45 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>> >This sounds like a good idea to me; although it's not only the
>> > version that differs in there, but in fact the value of KDEDIRS (the
>> > .desktop files being used in that cache come from different
>> > prefixes). Somehow there should be one ksycoca cache per value of
>> > KDEDIRS being used....
>>
>> Do you mean the cache should be saved in those dirs?
>
>No, but that somehow there should be one cache per used value of
> KDEDIRS. Since putting the value of KDEDIRS into the name of the file
> might lead to something awfully long, maybe there could be something
> like a ksycocarc with [/opt/kde3]
>FileName=ksycoca1
>[/devel/kde/inst/kofficedir:/devel/kde/inst/kde3]   # my value of
> KDEDIRS FileName=ksycoca2
>[...]
>etc.

Ah, you meant per value of KDEDIRS. You actually wrote that.

I understood that you meant per prefix *entry* in KDEDIRS...
  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway