cmake support into kde4.0

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:32:19 GMT 2006

On 3/24/06, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/24/06, Laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Just for information, now kde4.0 has cmake build system support into main
> > module (not completly finished again).
>
> Does that mean that cmake will be the official build system for KDE 4
> now or is there no final decision yet.?
> I think everyone agrees, the sooner there is an agreement about that
> matter the better.

What in the world must happen for everyone to understand that cmake is
the buildsystem for KDE4? I'm completely serious. WHAT are people
waiting for? There is no Linus Torvalds here to shut everyone up.
You've got to listen to the people that have actually investigated the
situation. They have all said the same thing:

There is NO OTHER realistic possibility at this point. NOTHING. There
is no decision to be made. Scons still has very serious (IMHO
incorrectable) shortcomings that will require much work to correct and
yet cmake support has been added to every module. People are asking
"What system will work for KDE4 in the future" and Cmake is working
*NOW*. On multiple platforms even! I have absolutely no idea why the
SConstruct files are still in there. Thiago, PLEASE remove them. I beg
you. (I think if I tried someone would just revert.)

Sheesh.  :)