kdebase + kdelibs head

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 19:34:27 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 20:18, David Faure wrote:
> Because it takes time to test the new stuff, and currently we have ~ 2
> weeks to test new kdelibs code. With "break it all on Mondays" there would
> be no testing at all before the porting of the app code [...]

Test how?  Are you porting stuff over to the branch to see how apps respond to
the changes?  (I'm actually curious -- for the probably-kdelibs-at-some-point
classes that I've been hacking on here I always end up needing an application
to test them with and well, have written a couple.)

> Such a policy would actually prevent kdelibs development from happening at
> all, at this point.

Fair enough.  I don't doubt it would slow those working on it down a bit, but
it would probably also get a few more people hacking on it.  I suppose the
interesting point is figuring out when one outweighs the other.  Any rough
guesstimations on how far out such would be?

-Scott

--
Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you would
not have been informed.