Building with cmake

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 13:25:33 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 15:01, Andras Mantia wrote:
> I tested and it happens only with builddir != srcdir.

Furthermore the problem is in dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/build.make.

Now I'm not sure anymore if this is a cmake problem or the limitation of
make itself. There are rules like:

dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/depend.make.mark:
dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/flags.make
dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/depend.make.mark: ../../../../data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs/dcop/dcopstub.cpp

dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/dcopstub.o: dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/flags.make
dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/dcopstub.o: ../../../../data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs/dcop/dcopstub.cpp
        @echo "Building CXX object dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/dcopstub.o"
        /usr/bin/c++   $(CXX_FLAGS) -o
dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/dcopstub.o
-c /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs/dcop/dcopstub.cpp

depend.make.mark requires dcopstub.cpp from the source directory and
altough there is a rule for dcopstub.o, I get the error. But if I use
absolute paths instead of relative ones (like it is after the "-c"),
make will accept and no error is given.
If make really wants absolute paths, cmake should convert the relative
paths to absolute in all places and use that one.

Andras