kdebase + kdelibs head

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 08:46:37 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 08:20, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2006 05:06, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > Just a quick note to save others from duplication of work... I have a
> > version of kdebase locally which is ported against kdelibs head, so
> > there's no need for anyone else to start on kaction porting for it.  Konq
> > mostly works quite nicely (although I keep getting kjs crashes, are they
> > known?).
>
> thanks for doing this =)
>
> i actually spent part of the afternoon yesterday porting libkonq just so i
> could get used to the new kaction stuff ... i also got rid of a ton of
> other warnings / deprecated method usage, so it's probably not wasted
> effort, but i must say that for such a large change the porting was pretty
> easy.

I'm surprised how easy it was too.  Apart from konq it only took me about 2hrs
for the rest of kdebase (getting konq right was about a day).  Most of the
porting is just deleting calls, when you know that they're no longer
required :)

> the biggest hassle was having to use QActionGroup in a few places, but that
> wasn't overly trying =)

Yes, I thought about a compat layer for that, but decided it would just be
ugly.  It's not too bad once you figure out ownership for the action group.

> > I'll commit when snapshot is next updated.
>
> and when is that exactly? i can never keep track of this in my head =)

I think it's mid next-week?

I can commit my kdebase to a branch if that helps...

Cheers,
Hamish.