Building with cmake

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 07:59:10 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 22:09, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >It was included in my first mail, but...forget it, I updated the
> >kdelibs4_snapshot, but not the kdelibs and tried to compile the
> > trunk kdelibs...
> >
> >Still there are some issues. I have qt4 in a non-standard dir and
> > even if I added the qt4/bin to PATH, I had to use
> >-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/data2/kde4/qt4/bin/qmake
> >
> >as a cmake option, otherwise it gave me this error
> >QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE set to qmake version: QTVERSION = **Unknown**
> >QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE = /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qmake, please set to path to
> >qmake from qt4.
> >Qt qmake NOT found!
>
> Putting qmake in the path should work with cmake 2.3.4.  There was a
> problem for cvs cmake for a couple of weeks that caused that not to
> work.  However, if you use this release it should work:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.4-20060317-win32.exe
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.4-20060317.tar.gz
>
> If not, let me know.

I use that version:
andris at stein:/data2/kde4/build/kdelibs> cmake --version
cmake version 2.3-20060317
andris at stein:/data2/kde4/build/kdelibs> which qmake
/data2/kde4/qt4/bin/qmake
andris at stein:/data2/kde4/build/kdelibs>
cmake /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4/
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- This is a SVN repository
-- Using Buildname: Linux-c++
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE set to qmake version: QTVERSION = **Unknown**
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE = /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qmake, please set to path to
qmake from qt4.
Qt qmake NOT found!
-- Configuring done

But I found the reason: you have to set QTDIR to the right place, as it
seems to have precedence over the PATH. Even if you use
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/data2/kde4/qt4/bin/qmake as an argument for
cmake, if you don't have QTDIR set, "make" will fail with the same
error.

A general question: is it OK to report build errors of trunk here? Or
use kde-devel ? Previously I did not have to report build errors as I
could fix them, but until I become familiar with cmake, I will need
some advice from time to time.

Right now during make I get this error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/media/extra/data/data/kde4/build/kdelibs'
make -f dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/build.make
dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/media/extra/data/data/kde4/build/kdelibs'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`../../../../data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs/dcop/dcopstub.cpp',
needed by `dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/depend.make.mark'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/extra/data/data/kde4/build/kdelibs'
make[1]: *** [dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/extra/data/data/kde4/build/kdelibs'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Andras