KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 20 21:40:46 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 18:02, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2006 15:22, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Sunday, 19. March 2006 23:23, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Support the KDEDIR environment variable for the installation prefix.
> > > So you don't have to add -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the cmake command line
> > > if you'd rather use good old reliable $KDEDIR.
> >
> > again? how many KDE major releases do we still need until $KDEDIR finally
> > stops working?
> >
> > and do you know that cmake installs the shared libs with the wrong .soname,
>
> That's what is currently done for most libs:
>
> set_target_properties(kdecore PROPERTIES VERSION 4.2.0 SOVERSION 4 )
>
> This was converted from the existing Makefile.am's.
>
> So what do you suggest instead, maybe
> set_target_properties(kdecore PROPERTIES VERSION 5.0.0 SOVERSION 5 ) ?

I was planning on caring about version numbers only after we do the reorganization
(possibly next week). Even if we keep the kdecore and kdeui names (see other thread),
we might still merge the other libs (e.g. kio kutils kparts etc.) into those two, so there
isn't much point in updating all the version numbers yet IMHO, for libs that will mostly
disappear.