CMake Questions

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Mar 18 22:49:52 GMT 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 23:07, Allen Winter wrote:
> I just committed a change which provides

> --enable-final
>   -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release          -O2

Are you sure about that one? --enable-final does some very *different* things
than just setting optimization flags, and is generally broken and unsupported
(ie. there's nothing like a "policy" that says things should compile with
--enable-final, and it's generally easier to add NO_FINAL to a directory than
to figure out what's wrong). So you might want to change the mapping; the
cmake option isn't bad.

In addition, can you add this to COMPILING-WITH-CMAKE in kdelibs/ and/or to
the hypothetical compilation instructions on developer.kde.org ?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot