Display names for parser tokens [was Re: CMake and kdebase]

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Mar 16 13:37:39 GMT 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 12:46, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Well, since kdelibs builds with CMake just fine (see the dartboard for
> results), I figured it was time to try out kdebase. This is where one
> rapidly runs into the lack of canonical knowledge about CMake -- and a
> little laziness wrt. reading the entire CMake manual. Here's some comments
> based on current output (using CMake 2.3.3). Phrased in an unfriendly
> manner.
>
> Syntax error in cmake code at
> (no filename given):-1:
> syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting cal_RCURLY (12), when

I think that error message can be improved. I started on
mCommandArgumentParser.y, patch attached. Someone should give token display
names for all tokens in all grammars(IMHO, AFAICT).

A cmake developer is perhaps lurking that can take care of it, or someone else
that can ensure it gets the proper attention?

Cheers,

		Frans