The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Mar 15 15:41:01 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 10:28, R.F. Pels wrote:
> considerable time for cmake support in kdevelop to materialize. If that
> happens we're going to end up in a situation where kdevelop users are going
> to end up in a position where kdevelop simply lacks a project manager for
> cmake projects while they are unable to use automake projects because KDE4
> does not support that buildsystem anymore.

Oh, just stop complaining. There's absolutely nothing that's stopping
application developers from using whatever build system they want. This is a
decision about our modules in svn. And guess what, basically all those build
files were written by hand here.
So again applications are free to use whatever they want. If they want scons
great, if they want to continue using autotools awesome, if they want to
switch to cmake fine as well. This is about our modules and we're picking a
build system. It's supposed to be building code. Any problem you have beyond
"building code" goes right to your todo.
If an application developer has an ide that supports build system X he/she can
use it and that decision has nothing to do with what we're doing here.

Zack

--
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.