The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Mar 15 10:16:23 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 10:51, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Specifically, I'm interested in these issues:
> * How do I build in a builddir != srcdir setup?

cd builddir ; cmake srcdir ; make

> * how do I configure the build - with auto* I could change the installation
>   prefix, I can disable features or provide non-standard library paths.

ccmake to see what the options are; cmake -DFOO=BAR to set them from the
command line if you like.

> * How good is cmake when it comes to packaging the binaries for
>   distribution? ccmake does not seem right for the task.

Umm .. cmake generates makefiles. I''m not sure where packaging comes in at
this point.

On the whole, though, you're right that there's a lack of a introductory
document tailored for KDE. There's kdelibs/COMPILING-WITH-CMAKE to fill out,
and Alex and others have indicated it's on their todo list (but you too can
add stuff there once you figure it out).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot