The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 19:42:08 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:32, Jaison Lee wrote:
> > - I don't want that if an important decision - which affects KDE in
> > general - is made that kde-core-devel to be left out (at list
> > inform here and redirect to the discussion thread)
>
> OK. But at least please explain how what Thiago did just now is not
> acceptable. If you are only interested in results and no details,
> then having a major contributor come out and say "cmake kicked scons
> butt and I'm about to remove the SConstruct files entirely" should be
> sufficient info.

Assuming that there was a real TWG decision (which we know there wasn't)
Thiago would have made the mistake that he throws a sentence that "it
was decided that cmake was used". No backup when, where and who
decided.

What he did wrong right now was that he presented his opinion in a way
one could thought that was the TWG's opinion.

And if you look, I'm not the only one who questioned this statement.

Andras