The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 18:58:12 GMT 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 05:53:55PM +0200, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 16:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I thought it was pretty clear to anyone involved in the buildsystem
> > that cmake is our only option here. And, just so that it is clear:
> > this was no TWG decision. It's a simple situation that stems from
> > fact that cmake is being actively worked on and no other system is.
>
> It's one thing that it's clear that scons was not supported while cmake
> was, but still a mail about this on kde-core-devel would be nice
> instead of simply stating "the choice has been made". No, I have no
> problem with cmake as I don't know it, just that the statement
> suggested that the TWG decided altough in the statues it says that
> decisions are reached on public mailing lists, namely kde-core-devel.
>

> Andras

but kde-core-devel wasn't involved in the decision at all.
kde-buildsystem is a public mailing list. where's the issue? we can be
spamming kde-core-devel for every little thing. the buildsystem is its
own beast and deserves its own mailing list. if you want to keep up, i
suggest subscribing to the list.

--
Matt