country names translations

Andriy Rysin arysin at myrealbox.com
Mon Mar 6 01:54:46 GMT 2006

David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 19:07, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
>
>> For KDE3, you surely can prepend "Name=" to the string and remove that name
>> later after the translation is returned.
>>

> Yes, that's what I was thinking about.

There's little problem with that: currently in xorg 6.8.2 and earlier
the name for layout would be "Ukrainian" but in xorg 6.9.0 and later
it'd be "Ukraine"
And I don't think doing this something like the code below is acceptable:
if( xorgVersion >= 690 )
    translation = i18n( layoutName.prepend("Name=") ).remove("Name=");
else
    translation = i18n( layoutName );

I'd rather create new *.po file with country names extracted from
kdebase_deskto.po and then insertCatalog() it leaving all i18n code as
it is now.
It'll be cleaner and faster solution.