The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Mar 14 19:10:14 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:11, R.F. Pels wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17.40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>
> > I'll repeat: the simple fact that cmake is the only alternative here,
> > short of going back to autotools, means that cmake is the choice.
> >
> > If it's a matter of decisions, then let's decide: cmake or autotools?
>
> No kdevelop support for cmake, then, no cmake

Are you saying that cmake can only be used for KDE4 development
*after* kdevelop starts to support cmake?

You are not content with what we have "the other way round", namely
the *already* available cmake support for kdevelop?

You are not confident that someone will extend kdevelop during
the next few months to add cmake support to it, and want to stay
with automake until that happens?

Cheers,
Kurt  [confused by your statements]