The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 17:36:52 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 13:00, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 11:16, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >  The
> > choice has been made and it's cmake. I want to know if people object
> > the *procedure*.
>
> Was there a real decision somewhere on a public list?
>
> Anyway, supporting Aaron's query: where is the documentation about cmake
> and KDE?

There's a cmake man page.

For more documentation head over to the cmake site:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html

Intro:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/WritingCMakeLists.html

Also check out the other articles, and don't forget the wiki:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake and the FAQ:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

> I can say I can handle automake and autoconf files, but cmake
> is completely new for me, so we should have some pages on
> developer.kde.org which teaches the basics about:
> - how to write a configure check (or whatever it is called in cmake)

In the wiki:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/index.php/CMake_HowToDoPlatformChecks

> - how to write the Makefile.am equivalent files for libraries (installed
> and convenience), modules and applications

Writing an introduction for KDE developers is on my TODO, I plan to put it
also in the cmake wiki (it's ok for the cmake devs).

This one is not completely correct for the current stuff, but you should get
the idea: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1743

Bye
Alex