KDE4 Development Critical Path

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 14:18:22 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 10:40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> So, please fill in the list: what are the critical KDE 4 frameworks that
> we'll need for our TPR?
>
> - Buildsystem: in order to build KDE (duh :-P)
> - Phonon: the new multimedia framework for KDE4
> - Solid: the new hardware abstraction framework
> - D-Bus: replace DCOP with D-Bus throughout KDE code
- get rid of qt3support in kdelibs
- make KIO thread safe, use threads instead of processes (though I'm not sure
  we still want that)

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations