KDE4 Development Critical Path

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 10:51:26 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 03:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Please elaborate on what needs to be done for KParts and KXMLGUI.
>
> hamish rodda, post-kaction branch merging (does that belong on the chart?),
> is apparently looking into changing xmlgui fairly radically. it was
> discussed a couple months ago on the list, and he mentioned it again in the
> thread titled "Consideration requested for merging of kdelibs-action
> branch":
>
> quoting him there:
>
> "This branch does not alter XMLGui in any way other than direct porting.
>  I've had several people express their concern re. moving to another
> system, and I'd like to keep that as a separate discussion."

Actually it's Simon Hausmann that initially suggested replacing XMLGui.  I was
supportive of the concept but I'd like to hear more detail on it first -
there are some things which could be improved by making a change (eg.
allowing people to design kde kaction-based apps using designer) but I'd be
hesitant to support change for its own sake (and I know there are several
people out there who definitely want xmlgui to stay).

Once I have my branch merged, I think i'll be taking a breather from 16k+ line
patches...

Cheers,
Hamish.