XML serialization functionality [was Re: Trolltech, Qt 4.2 and KDE 4.0]

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Mar 12 18:23:03 GMT 2006

Frans Englich wrote:
>I wonder, is Trolltech interested in anything like SAXSerializer? It is
> rather generic, fits in Qt's scope, and it wouldn't surprise me if
> Trolltech's customers needs it(IMHO, of course). Personally, I am of
> course happy to see it maintained by Trolltech..
>
>KDE impact: very small. This is about pushing generic code upstream.

This is not something I am prepared to answer. This is not why I sent the
email.

You have one feature that you'd like to see in Qt, which is completely
unrelated to KDE's critical needs.

>Also, for code submissions it would be great if you had coding
>convenventions/guidelines online so one could produce more correct code.

Let me repeat: we cannot accept large chunks of code.

You can discuss this with the developers working on XML and see if they
believe it is a good idea. And since this is not a critical feature for
KDE, you'll have to go through the regular channels.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.