Consideration requested for merging of kdelibs-action branch

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Mar 12 16:32:58 GMT 2006

Hamish Rodda wrote:
>To test the branch, you'll need a qt-copy with patches 0113, 0115, 0116,
> and 0119 (the last in patches/notsafe) applied.  Checkout
>branches/work/kdelibs-action + build with unsermake.  Then with a
> checkout of kdebase, svn switch both libkonq and konqueror over to the
> respective subdirs of branches/work/kdebase-action/.  You'll have to
> remove DONTPORT from include/kdeversion.h to bypass the configure
> check.  Compile + enjoy.
>
>Patch 0119 deserves special mention because it provides the mechanism by
> which custom widgets are inserted into a toolbar.  Although Simon
> Hausmann + I have discussed the principle behind it, I haven't heard
> whether it's a likely candidate for Qt 4.2.  Without it, this branch
> would be severely crippled; however, I don't anticipate that there will
> be substantial issues having it applied for 4.2.

I'll send another email about this, but Trolltech is aware that there are
many features that need to be in Qt 4.2 for KDE to function properly
without crude hacks or patching Qt. We'll do our best to include them in
4.2.

The only problem I see so far is that some of your patches are quite big.
Trolltech cannot accept large patches for various legal reasons. I did
not, however, take a look at what you were changing -- just the size of
the patch. It may be that the patch is actually simple and there aren't
many different ways to implement the functionality.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.