What to do about SSL strength

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 10:07:22 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 10:04, Henry Miller wrote:

> > >  Yes.

> > >   Basically they have "if (bits(cipher) != 128) { error('weak crypto
> > >unsupported'); }"
>
> Nothing should be done until we check with Mozilla, Apple, and Opera.

  I'm sitting in a room with developers of 2 of the three you list there at
the moment so I'll ask around.

> The right solution is for everyone to support 168 bit encryption.

   That's not a solution.  The solution is something which makes Konqueror
work with the sites that don't support newer ciphers properly.  What you
propose is that the problem go away. :-)

> P.S.    This would be a good thing to summarize and submit to
> www.thedailywtf.com, not only will everyone get a good laugh over it, but
> they have a bunch of readers, some of whom may have power to fix this, if
> they know to look for it.

  Feel free.

--
George Staikos