Quality checks page

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Mar 8 15:07:09 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 15:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  As there were no real complaints and nobody did the same thing on the
> wiki, I worked a little more on the quality check page and uploaded to
> developer.kde.org. Remember, all the data is bogus there.
> To read what this is all about, how to add new criteria items, how to
> add your application and how to get the results page visit
> http://developer.kde.org/quality-check/

Is there an explanation of the 13 checks that need to be done? What about the
(ancient) developer's checklist which I can't find now which also mentions
LSM files and stuff? I'm just not sure how to check a lot of these things ..
we don't actually *have* a HIG, do we, to check against for ID 6?

> And of course the real data about the application and the criteria items
> should be added. I suggest hereby to discuss and define what needs to
> be checked to say that a library or an application meets the basic KDE
> quality list for KDE4.

Oh, ok .. so none of that's defined, it really *all* is bogus. Except the XML
related stuff.

It seems to me all of these things are *manually* checked issues, basically a
developer signing off "yes, I've considered all of these issues" on a given
subdir. For automated checking (of parts of the HIG, for instance) there's
the EBN which will tell you there are still 11000 things to fix for APIDOX in
kdelibs and at least 123 HIG issues in KOFfice (when we checked it in
december).

So, I like.

--
These are your friends - Adem