DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 6 20:42:14 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 09:20, Matt Rogers wrote:
>  Nested classes called Private should be removed, IMHO. I think it's ok to
> use them, but we should try to avoid things that are mostly a matter of
> personal preference or style.

meh. it's easy enough to do, appears in very few places (2 times in the
header, one after the other; a couple times in the source file) and really
does standardize our use of the PIMPL idiom.

in fact, i'd say unless there was good reason NOT to standardize this we
should.

note the reasoning against slotFoo given by david, or the common-sense
avoidance flamewars by trying to dictate {} usage as good examples of things
we shouldn't standardize ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo