country flags have different sizes

Andriy Rysin arysin at myrealbox.com
Mon Mar 6 19:56:57 GMT 2006

Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>On Monday 06 March 2006 14:12, Andriy Rysin wrote:
>

>>Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>>>There is something that I do not understand in this message.
>>>
>>>Are you telling that kxkb is not using the flags in kdebase/l10n or are
>>>you telling that it is those flags that are wrong.
>>>

>>kxkb uses kdebase/l10n, but here attached is the list of flags and their
>>sizes - quite inconsistent, as I said before: around half is 21x14, some
>>flags are smaller size and some are padded with gray
>>

>Do you plan to do this for KDE 3.5.2 or only for KDE 3.5.3 or even only for
>KDE4?
>
>If it is for later than for KDE 3.5.2, I would suggest to try to discuss the
>problem on kde-i18n-doc so that each translation team can fix the flag of its
>country (or countries). (Then we can see later for the rest.)

well, the sooner the better, I'd like to make it in 3.5.2 but I am
afraid it may be not real
On the other hand I've found this:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=26296
Most of the flags (216 of 225) have 21x14 and just some are smaller
(flags like np or ch are correctly square)
License is GPL (NOTE: if you want to download - connection is slow, but
I got it after all)

So the question if it's possible to do upgrage? If yes:
1) shall all icons be replaced with these or only ones which are smaller
than 21x14
2) can we do it in 3.5.2 or it shoulbe 3.5.3 or (hopefully not) 4?
3) do we have to get confirmation from i18n team that the flag looks
correct?

Andriy

P.S. I sent two subscribe requests to kde-i18n-doc and still waiting for
approval so if somebody can forward this discussion to kde-i18n-doc I'd
really appreciate it