DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Mon Mar 6 11:48:16 GMT 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 09:40, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> It is unreliable across shared libaries. If you have a non-QObject based
> heirachy you should implement your own type-system rather than rely on
> dynamic_cast.
Can you give a bit of information about
- on what platforms such problems arise
- and what compiler versions are affected?

I have heard (altough I was unable to reproduce the link) that such problems
have been solved with more recent GCCs. Which would be a criteria to what
versions we support.

qobject_cast is fine for QObject derivates, but we will not get around with
not using dynamic_cast in any KDE library code.

--Mirko.
--
KDE e.V.: http://ev.kde.org