DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Mar 6 07:20:03 GMT 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 00:24, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. März 2006 20:42, schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> > On Sunday 05 March 2006 19:25, Frans Englich wrote:
> > > On Sunday 05 March 2006 13:27, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> >
> > (...)
> >
> > > I would maintain the document in Docbook in order to keep
> > > layout/structure consistent, and help with toc. One day we should
> > > keep the whole of developer.kde.org in Docbook for consistency,
> > > printability, maintainability, etc..
> >
> > The problem of DocBook is that we have very little people knowing
> > DocBook (especially compared to HTML), so it would mean even less
> > people writing texts. (Not that there is a huge mass of volunteers
> > to write stuff for developer.kde.org anyway.)
>
> Though there still(?)* is no graphical editor so you have to work
> with the textual syntax why not have oneself helped by Quanta?
> http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/tutorials/quanta-docbook/quanta.html
>
> Or does it have to work with vi/emacs? :P

There is vim style KDE editor which last time I checked was partly
usable with Quanta (sincerely I forgot the name).

> Regards
> Friedrich
>
> *Andras: Could there be perhaps some VPL-mode for docbook, too?

Currently not, maybe with Quanta4 if things go well with the new KHTML
and KDOM. But if you want, it is already possible to set up a preview
that will transform the docbook on the fly to HTML and view in KHTML.

Andras