DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Sun Mar 5 22:24:42 GMT 2006

Am Sonntag, 5. März 2006 20:42, schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 19:25, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 March 2006 13:27, Olivier Goffart wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > I would maintain the document in Docbook in order to keep
> > layout/structure consistent, and help with toc. One day we should keep
> > the whole of developer.kde.org in Docbook for consistency, printability,
> > maintainability, etc..
>
> The problem of DocBook is that we have very little people knowing DocBook
> (especially compared to HTML), so it would mean even less people writing
> texts. (Not that there is a huge mass of volunteers to write stuff for
> developer.kde.org anyway.)

Though there still(?)* is no graphical editor so you have to work with the
textual syntax why not have oneself helped by Quanta?
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/tutorials/quanta-docbook/quanta.html

Or does it have to work with vi/emacs? :P

Regards
Friedrich

*Andras: Could there be perhaps some VPL-mode for docbook, too?