DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 17:38:32 GMT 2006

I've made a second version where I tried to made all changes requested.

Matt Rogers wrote :
> I disagree with starting any sort of slot (private or not) with "slot". We
> can look at the declaration of the function and know that it's a slot.

I've made the comment less imperative. but it is still a recommendation. It
helps to have a consistent naming, when reading the code.

> Nested classes called Private should be removed, IMHO. I think it's ok to
> use them, but we should try to avoid things that are mostly a matter of
> personal preference or style.

I've let this.
I think we should decide something to make it consistant.
And it seems to me that "Private * const d" was the result of previous
discussions.

> Nice document, please fix the typos and grammar. If you'd like, I can do
> that before we put it on developer.kde.org

I'd be happy if you can do that. As you may know, English is not my native
language :-)

Allen Winter wrote :
> Also don't forget the license headers ^and copyrights^ in each files.

I've added that.

> As stated in the Licensing Policy, kdelibs code must be in
> the LGPL, BSD, or X11 license.  ^and all other source files must be
> licensed GPL, QPL, MIT, or Artistic.^

I've not added that, because this document is for kdelibs, and not for
applications