DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 16:20:14 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 07:27, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is AFAIK not yet a document that tell conventions used in the KDE
> library. That's why I wrote one.
>
> I'd like to place it in developper.kde.org
>
> There is certainly still lot of typo, sorry for that.
>
> What have i forget ?
>
> Do you like the idea ?
>
> Thanks for your comments.

I disagree with starting any sort of slot (private or not) with "slot". We can
look at the declaration of the function and know that it's a slot.

Nested classes called Private should be removed, IMHO. I think it's ok to use
them, but we should try to avoid things that are mostly a matter of personal
preference or style.

Flags section is good.

We should really call this document a set of recommended guidelines rather
than conventions (purely talking about the text in the file). Respecting the
guidelines should be important but should not be made mandatory.

Thiago covered everything else I wanted to say, although I disagree about the
"all getters should be const" part

Nice document, please fix the typos and grammar. If you'd like, I can do that
before we put it on developer.kde.org

Thanks
--
Matt