KAutoStart

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 13:19:24 GMT 2006

Am Samstag, 4. März 2006 23:44 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> On Saturday 04 March 2006 23:37, Christian Esken wrote:
> > The problem is as follows:
> > 1) kcminit is run ... it is not restore volumes
> > 2) ksmserver is started ... triggers login sound
> > 3) Autostart programs are launched: autostart/restore_kmix_volumes.desktop
> > restores volumes
>
>  Nobody says it has to be autostarted. In fact, it shouldn't be. Just make it

I agree.

> a module for kcontrol/kcminit, faster, works, what do you need more?

Hmm ... I have been thinking a bit more about that. Even kcminit might be too late. Any application might produce sounds early, for example implicitely via a knotify message. Thus I am now certain, that volume levels should be prepared early. If the Video System is prepared in advance to everything (mouse cursor, randr, ...), it would be consistent to do it for the Audio System too.

The best place looks like after the Video preparation (ends with randr) and before the "<localprefix>/env/*.sh".

   Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org