KDE4 Libs components

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Mar 4 10:33:45 GMT 2006

Le Vendredi 3 Mars 2006 23:31, Gary Greene a écrit :
> The main reason for splitting them into different libraries is that then a
> Qt app developer who wants to use a feature isn't tied to the extra stuff
> in kdelibs, since it's pure qt and c++ in these "foundation" libraries.
> Yes, there may rise a case where we want to extend a class that has
> dependencies on both core and foundation, but that just means that we have
> to engineer and plan better is all. I for one will be happy to see this
> split done as apps then can be purely qt if they wish and take advantage of
> some of the foundation classes without pulling in all of kdelibs, thus
> keepingthe footprint of an app down.

But theses class still may be placed in the normal kdelibs library.

If the Qt application author want to reuse the KFoo class, he just need to
copy kfoo.{cpp,h} into his own application. No matter in what library the
class is

We probably just need to have a document that say which class doesn't depends
of others KDE code too much.