renaming kde-config to kde4-config

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 27 10:21:58 BST 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 10:44, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. Juni 2006 23:22 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Monday 26 June 2006 23:07, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > > AFAIK kde-config is for build systems, developers and maybe internals of
> > > KDE.
> >
> > kde-config isn't used by kde at runtime. So it's only for the build system
> > and for debugging a kde setup.
> Oh, it's used in quite some scripts we have - I just recently added it to the
> jpegorient script used by imagerotate plugin.
>
> And I'm fine with renaming it too and I agree with what David said: we won't
> support installing KDE3 and KDE4 into the same prefix

Actually my idea was: we could support installing kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 into the same
prefix, if we move most helper binaries to libexec/kde4.

Of course not more than kdelibs3 and kdelibs4; debian users will have to choose between
kdebase3 and kdebase4, others can use different prefixes. But at the library level we could do it.