renaming kde-config to kde4-config

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Jun 27 09:44:00 BST 2006

Am Montag, 26. Juni 2006 23:22 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 26 June 2006 23:07, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > AFAIK kde-config is for build systems, developers and maybe internals of
> > KDE.
>
> kde-config isn't used by kde at runtime. So it's only for the build system
> and for debugging a kde setup.
Oh, it's used in quite some scripts we have - I just recently added it to the
jpegorient script used by imagerotate plugin.

And I'm fine with renaming it too and I agree with what David said: we won't
support installing KDE3 and KDE4 into the same prefix, but we will have to
support having both in $PATH (actually KDE should work without anything but
startkde and kdeX-config in $PATH)

Greetings, Stephan