dbus compiling problem on kubuntu

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jun 25 21:30:36 BST 2006

Hi,

when running autogen on dbus from cvs it stops with

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
aclocal-1.9
aclocal:configure.in:718: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in
library
/home/alex/src/dbus/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/home/alex/src/dbus/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
everything looking normal here
checking for writev... yes
checking for ISO C99 varargs macros in C... yes
checking for GNUC varargs macros... yes
checking for struct cmsgcred... no
checking for getpeerucred... no
checking for getpeereid... no
checking abstract socket namespace... yes
./configure: line 25474: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT: command not found
configure: error:
*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
*** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

Now type 'make' to compile dbus.

gettext is installed on the system, automake is 1.9.
It is a kubuntu 5.10.
What might be missing ?

Bye
Alex