kdelibs_snapshot compiling

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 22:01:25 BST 2006

On 6/24/06, Full Decent <gmail at phor.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile a version of kdelibs4_snapshot. I need one
> before the dbus switch, so that I can begin work on kdebase. Some
> people have suggested that I stay in head and help port kdebase to
> dbus. This is great advice in general, this would set me back month or
> years, since I'm new in KDE.

If you really want to do any sort of KDE4 development, you should keep
current. In my opinion the dbus stuff is now working about as good as
anything worked before. I mean, why work with something prior to the
dbus import when things didn't really work back then either? If you
really want to get something useable stick to the 3.5 tree.

That said, did you apply the patches in qt-copy before compiling and
installing it?