API docs; functional or pretty?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jun 24 09:02:38 BST 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 01:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 23:52, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > - The box above "APIDox" which includes "Mainpage", "Namespace List",
> > etc. should be horizontally aligned on the top.
>
> It's awfully wide then, don't you think? There are about 10 different
> things that might appear there, and the double-row of "tabs" just
> doesn't really cut it for me.

I tried to get doxygen to behave like:
http://developer.classpath.org/doc/
or, direct link:
http://developer.classpath.org/doc/java/util/Properties.html

but after a days use I stopped caring as the tabs are good-enough IMO.

> The "API Dox" box on the left is maybe more contentious. Some people
> really like it for the overview it gives of all the parts in the SVN
> module being looked at (like the class picker which is there but
> disabled because FF doesn't like it).

The approach to always show it even if the person doesn't like it can be
changed to use frames instead and have a link to not show it in frames
anymore. Like I added to the koffice docs.

Adriaan; I'd be willing to work on the gendocs.pl perl script to
incorporate some changes so it can become available for kde-wide
consumption, saves you from having to reinvent the wheel (and actually
find all the 20 or so features I added in mine ;) in a shell script.

--
Thomas Zander