New Feature (sort of): new DCOP method for KNotes

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sat Jun 10 21:51:46 BST 2006

On Saturday 10 June 2006 21:42, Michael Brade wrote:
> I'm not 100% happy with the patch, since I wrote it yesterday to be as
> small as possible for review but setColor() shouldn't be public in it's
> current state. I'll come up with the final patch to test for Cornelius in a
> bit.
Ok, here we go, final patch. It is now even possible to change the color and
kill KNotes immediately afterwards without loosing data. Extensively tested,
found to be bullet-proof ;-)

But the testing lead me to a little bug in libkcal:
KCal::Journal::setCustomProperty() doesn't call updated(), thus even a call
to save() doesn't actually write the data to disk.

For now I called updated() manually in setColor(), which should be the only
place that is needed in KNotes, but I wonder if there are other apps that
also loose their custom properties if nothing else was changed?

Cornelius, please test and tell me if it's ok to commit :-)

Cheers,
--
Rohan (Michael) Brade;         KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations