New Feature (sort of): new DCOP method for KNotes

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sat Jun 10 14:57:32 BST 2006

On Saturday 10 June 2006 14:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Michael Brade wrote:
> >On Friday 09 June 2006 18:18, Michael Brade wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Is this ok to add to KDE 3.5.4? If so, I will update Kontact/KNotes as
> >> well.
> >
> >Hmm, no-one cares or no objections?
> >
> >Ok, I'll try it this way: I'll commit this evening.
>
> That's not how it works.
>
> No approval, no commit for new features.
Wonderful, as if I wouldn't know that already :( But with no response it's
hard to tell if it's "objection" or "don't care". People only start
responding when someone says "I'll just go ahead and do it".

Instead of saying "this is not how it works" you could have taken 60 seconds
more and actually have a look at the small patch instead.

Regarding trunk: no, this patch cannot be in trunk, for trunk has no DCOP
anymore. And other people have added new DCOP methods to KDE 3.5.4 already
without asking.

--
Rohan (Michael) Brade;         KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations