[Fwd: Re: Mime-typ Scribus?]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Jun 9 04:41:16 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 08 June 2006 02:28, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> [Desktop Entry]
>>> Encoding=UTF-8
>>> Type=MimeType
>>> MimeType=application/x-scribus
>>> Comment[en]=Scribus Document
>>> Patterns=.sla;*.sla.gz;*.scd;*.scd.gz;
>>> Icon=kde-mime-application-x-scribus
>
> The easy solution is to put this in kdelibs/mimetypes
> (plus the icon, renamed to avoid clashes)

Perhaps we should add a MIME type for Scribus to KDELIBS.

However, this is a general problem.

What I was thinking was that someone that was a PERL ace could write a
script to generate the needed (and missing) MIME 'desktop' files from
the XDG MIME XML files and decide on some method of running it when a
non-kde package is installed.

And yes, we need to address the icon name issue since we don't use that
type of name for MIME type icons.

--
JRT