cmake/dbus/QtDBUS integration

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jun 5 22:07:09 BST 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>Is really Qt 4.1.3 the minimum requried Qt version ?

Yes. Qt 4.1.2 can't compile QtDBus; 4.1.3 compiles, but tools/dbus doesn't
work and any mocs from .h generated by dbusidl2cpp will be faulty.

>The macros required for generating the sources for the DBUS stuff are
> not QtDBUS specific, or are they ?

They are.

>FindQtDBUS.cmake should be part of kdesupport/qtdbus and installed by
> it, so we don't need a copy of it in kdelibs/cmake/modules/.

Agreed.

>Finddbus.cmake should eventually be transferred to cmake.

Agreed.

One last thing: FindQtDBus.cmake finds QtDBus using pkg-config and QtDBus
depends on Qt, which means Qt must be found using pkg-config too.

Can we now make FindQt4.cmake find Qt using pkg-config to avoid this
problem? At least as the default, leaving the current PATH/qmake test as
a fallback mechanism.
  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway