qt-dbus compilation problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Jun 2 15:49:12 BST 2006

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
>>> But, as a simple wrapper to run them in the correct order, I don't see
>>> a problem.
>> Which order is required ?
>
> The order above is ok.
>
> In theory, there isn't a required order: the tests run in whatever order
> you run them. But the order above is in the order of concepts: if the
> connection isn't working, then it's pointless to test marshalling or
> anything else.
>
>>> Would be better if CTest integrated with QtTestLib to find out *which*
>>> tests are available and, therefore, report the error count by test
>>> function, not test program.
>> I have opened a requestion to the cmake gurus. Hope we get an answer.
>> :-)
>
> If anything is required of QtTestLib, now is the time to ask too.

There is an issue with the number of performed tests:

C:\Daten\kde4\kdesupport\qt-dbus-build>bin\tst_hal -functions
getDevices()
lock()

show 2 functions, but a run

C:\Daten\kde4\kdesupport\qt-dbus-build>bin\tst_hal
********* Start testing of tst_Hal *********
Config: Using QTest library 4.1.1, Qt 4.1.2
PASS   : tst_Hal::initTestCase()
<snip>
FAIL...
FAIL...
PASS   : tst_Hal::cleanupTestCase()
Totals: 2 passed, 2 failed, 0 skipped
********* Finished testing of tst_Hal *********

shows 4 tests.

I think initTestCcase() and cleanupTestCase() should be added to the
list of functions.

Regards

Ralf