[Fwd: [kde-artists] Where to install (new) HiColor icons]

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Jun 2 02:32:54 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 2. Juni 2006 01:14 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 12:15, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > On May 31, 2006, at 8:16 PM, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > please show me the part of the xdg spec that states this.
> "Implementations are required to look in the "hicolor" theme if an icon was
> not found in the current theme."

And in a different place of the spec you'll find a reference to the theme
being talked about:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/icon-theme/releases/hicolor-icon-theme-0.5.tar.gz

As you might notice this is a stub. So the spec only requires to have a stub
installed which makes sense if the respective desktop defaults to a different
theme already and wants to keep the shipped package lean.

> I'm really dumbfounded why this seems to be so difficult to understand by
> KDE artist ppl.

Perhaps because you didn't get the spec?

Torsten