[Fwd: [kde-artists] Where to install (new) HiColor icons]

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Jun 2 00:14:18 BST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 12:15, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On May 31, 2006, at 8:16 PM, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> >> It has been discussed to death on kde-artists.

> >> I said we don't ship hicolour icons, not that we don't support it.
> >> Hicolour is the fallback icon space and is used by third party
> >> applications so that their icons will always be found no matter
> >> what icon theme is selected by the desktop environment or user.
> >
> > Which is why we need HiColor icons so that if you select an icon theme
> > which doesn't have the needed icon that the icon loader will fall back
> > to HiColor.
>
> please show me the part of the xdg spec that states this.

"Implementations are required to look in the "hicolor" theme if an icon was
not found in the current theme."

Second paragraph in the section "Directory Layout"

I'm really dumbfounded why this seems to be so difficult to understand by KDE
artist ppl. This shit has been going on for years now [1], get a clue people.

Cheers,
Waldo

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=103641674224845&w=2
--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation