KSelectAction

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Jul 30 22:14:54 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006 17:30 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> Sorry but I am still unsure how this is supposed to work, especially with
> non-Latin translations.
Me too, but so far the input for a solution is pretty small. There is a bug
report about I can't find atm.

But what's given is that no accelerator is better than a bad one in this very
case. And the accel manager is very able to add a (&X) behind the string just
as the translators would do. It just doesn't do it at the moment - also
because I have too few that would give me feedback on an implementation and I
didn't dare to do it in the KDE3 line without that feedback.

> Here the translators has anyway to give a Latin character as accelerator.
> So any "manager" should not try to be smarter. (Also the risk is  that the
> hardcoded way of being "smarter" could mismatch with the target
> audience/users of the translation.)
Again: where an accel is given, it has top priority and it's only removed if
it collides with another top priority accelerator. The problem CJK
translators have at the moment is that they don't know where they can add an
accelator and removed accelerators in english mean no managed accelerator
in CJK.

Greetings, Stephan