Eigen, a shared linear algebra library for KDE apps

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jul 27 17:50:38 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 12:44, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 27 July 2006 17:38, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > So we have decided to work together with the aim of creating a simple
> > linear algebra library called Eigen (a little wordplay), which we would
> > like to place within KDE.
>
> How will this one be different from the existing libraries (big, non-C++
> basis) if you're copying code in from those existing libraries?
>
> > Main question is where in the KDE directory structure can we put this?
>
> kdesupport, https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport

Ick.  I hate to disagree with my EBN overlord, but I think it is about time
to get some mathiness stuff into either kdelibs, or kdemathlibs, or some-such.
I also would like to see some scientific plotting/graphing libraries moved
into a more "core" module.

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE