KBabel (was Re: kde4 application disable to compile for the moment)

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Wed Jul 26 13:46:16 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 20:51, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op dinsdag 25 juli 2006 17:56, schreef Nicolas Goutte:
> > On Monday 24 July 2006 21:12, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > A Diumenge 23 Juliol 2006 15:54, Nicolas Goutte va escriure:
> > >
> > > This is a must have if noone has done i'll port it at akademy.
> > >
> > > /me begins to think he has a too large "things to do at akademy" list
> > > already,
> >
> > I do not mind to postpone the decision after Akademy.
> >
> > Be careful that KBabel alone could take a man-week, probably without
> > having finished the task at the end of the week.
> >
> > The priority would be to load, edit and save a PO file in the KBabel
> > editor. In March, neither loading a PO file nor setting the project
> > settings nor setting the program settings were working.
>
> Is KBabel in stable usable to translate KDE4 apps?

Yes, you can use KBabel in KDE 3.5.x to translate Gettext 0.15-pre files.

(That is why KBabel for KDE 3.5 was changed during the freezes, also to allow
not to use Gettext 0.15 on the translators' computer. (However for the
catalog manager that really works only from KDE 3.5.2 on, due to a bug.))

> Toma

Have a nice day!