tab stop size

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Jul 24 20:18:12 BST 2006

Am Montag, 24. Juli 2006 12:08 schrieb David Jarvie:
> I think that more important in kdelibs is to abolish tabs altogether in
> favour of spaces, as is proposed in the coding style policy. There will
> always be people (particularly people new to KDE who are only browsing) who
> have their tab stops set differently from whatever is ordained for

Yep, that's not disputable, as the Qt-style policy mandates to use spaces for
indentation, explicitly no tabs. However, it does *not* specify whether tabs
should be abolished. Therefore, I propose that the tab spacing is set to 8,
because that's the standard. It wouldn't be too troublesome for weird tab
spacing using users to look into kdelibs code because indenting would, by
definition, not be affected.

mfg
	Leo